Foresight

At the beginning of the year, facing an upcoming semester of full-time work and full-time school, I tried to make my future life easier.
Guessing (accurately) that I wouldn't have time for cooking, I spent two days in early January prepping a score of freezer meals. Our freezer got REALLY full. I had to evict the ice maker. And stop buying frozen fruits and vegetables.
Mark's job was to put the meals in the crockpot. I made sure we had all of the non-perishables needed for the meals, labeled them, and used color-coding in writing the cooking instructions so that Mark would notice if the recipe called for additional ingredients.
Looking back on it, I have to say that a lot of those recipes weren't that great, but I don't remember making them...so I can't really say how to make it better.
Also, apparently I know my husband really well. For one of the meals he was supposed to add 2 quarts of vegetable stock, but only found one quart in the pantry. Then he saw a quart of beef stock with the label "Pretend this is Vegetable Stock."
He found it creepy in a hilarious sort of way.

The sad part is that my current self is amazed at the foresight of my past self, because current self doesn't remember taking all of these precautions.

I don't think my hindsight is 20/20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy