Hallelujah, God Listens

The tagline of one of Houston's religious radio station is "God Listens." That's a pretty good endorsement.

I've become less and less enthused about cooking, and consequently meal prep has gotten more and more stressful. Maybe it's because being a grad student on top of working full-time has finally caught up to me. Maybe it's because I know I will dirty dishes that Mark will end up washing. Maybe I'm lazy. I don't know. But figuring out what we will eat has become a dreaded responsibility. And so I pray, in my innermost heart, that someone else will provide some meals for us. Obviously this is not a noble cause. It's not even strictly necessary, because we could eat cans of soup or ravioli or (Mark's vote) cereal. That's part of why I haven't told anyone; I haven't even expressly asked God for such food delivery. But even so, He listened.
Right after church today, a lady approached me and said she would like to invite Mark and me over for dinner one night, and we picked a day in the week for said dinner party.
Then my husband got a text from one of his friends in the ward [aka church congregation] asking if we wanted to come over for dinner today. [Unsurprisingly, I said yes].
It feels like manna from heaven.
These meals represent so much more than just food. God wouldn't listen if He didn't care. And I haven't done anything in particular to earn it. Therefore, I can conclude that God is merciful, He loves me, and He understands me.
I have the God of angel armies as my benefactor.
That's more than enough reason to believe in myself.
Because I believe in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy