Halloween

 I know Halloween is beloved by many people, either for the candy or the costumes [or even both!], but for me it's one of those "oh yeah wow the holiday is this week gosh I haven't done anything" celebrations.

Thus, when discovering that our church Halloween party was less than 7 days away, I put Mark in charge of deciding on costumes. To my surprise, he was willing to go as "Stitch" if I would go as "Lilo." The plan was we would order his costume online, and I would wear one of Mark's Hawaiian shirts [which he never wears, to my disappointment]. 


One of our Sunday School kids

In the back of my mind, I told myself I should also find that black hair wig that I got almost a decade ago, to better match Lilo's appearance. But this week was so busy that I didn't get that thought to the front of my mind until the day of the party.

I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I tore the house apart looking for that wig. I pulled out boxes, looked in suitcases, crawled under the bed, and emptied closets. I even checked the cabinets in the bathroom. This was an hours-long endeavor, and all I found were asthma inhalers and multi-colored carpet mold [which was under the bed. We had a gallon of water stored under there, and apparently it leaked a while back, and sponsored the growth of green-yellow-black mold in an approximately 2 foot-square area]. Mark thought that discovering the mold alone made my efforts worthwhile [not because he likes mold, but because it's easier to address a problem if you know it exists], but I was rather despondent about my search results. I knew I had that wig somewhere

As a last-ditch effort, and upon Mark's suggestion, I looked in some containers on top of our bedroom wardrobe, and finally found it.

Our costumes were a big hit with the adults at the party, but I don't think many of the kids recognized the characters. Right demographic, wrong decade.
Mark's "ears" were kind-of hard to work with 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy