2023

For some reason, in the past 4-5 months I have really struggled putting together coherent blog posts. There are 3 unfinished entries just hanging out on my homepage, and many more in my head. The only thing that convinced me to try again is the new year as a time to reflect on the old.

So, in the past year:
  • I have run approximately 10 miles every week, mainly because I discovered my insides function better if I run
  • I fought for a salary raise, which took about 4 months to implement
  • I watched the Barbie movie 6 times (oh, wait, that was Mark. I've only seen in 4 times...)
  • I got a new nephew (which required zero effort on my part)
  • I shaved the heads of 2 patients, with their permission, because of a lice infestation




  • I learned to knit with 4 needles
  • I started growing mini bell peppers in my office, and basil in my kitchen
  • I cooked with collard greens for the first time
  • I got to interact with penguins
  • I finally met up with my friend Tammy (last time was about 7 years ago)
  • I joined a gym (again)
  • I did my first-ever bar trivia night with Mark's softball friends. My contributions were close to nil, but it was fun. Which honestly sounds like a pretty good metaphor for life. That will be my closing statement. 
I didn't do anything big in 2023, but it was fun.

Comments

  1. You, and your blogs, are wonderful! Loads of love!! 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy