"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." James Beard

I got a new computer, so I've been moving over documents and organizing pictures, and I've found something to share: food. None of these 'recipes' are exact, because that's not really how I cook, and because that would make the post really long. Comment if you want the recipe, and I'll hunt it down.

 Fruit pizza: just a basic crust, because I didn't want to make sugar cookies, then a base of cream cheese/sugar mixture and a topping of apples, peaches, and grapes. The best part is arranging the fruit to make it fit.




 "Sunday Special": This is a recipe from my friend Sharon. Basically, just ground beef(browned), canned green beans, cream of chicken soup, and cheese, topped with tater tots. Bake at 350 for 45-ish minutes





 "Stuffed" French Toast: Make egg mixture with egg/milk/vanilla, dip just one side each of two slices of bread, place egg-side down on pan. Mix cream cheese/sugar/chocolate chips together, place on one of the pieces of bread. When egg side is cooked, place the slices of bread together with the cream cheese in the center, top with fruit/syrup as desired.


Lasagne with craisin salad: Cook lasagne noodles. Brown ground beef. Spread a little bit of tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan, then layer noodles, ground beef, cottage or ricotta cheese, shredded cheese, and tomato sauce for 2-3 layers. top with tomato sauce. The craisin salad is just spinach/arugula/oak leaf lettuce with craisins and nuts with a raspberry vinagrette

 Curry Chicken: as you can see, i like my sauce to be light and my curry to be mild. Hey, I'm white. Anyway, the basic idea is to saute onions, then add curry and some chicken broth for the sauce, cook the chicken in it, and serve over rice with sliced red grapes on top.





 
 Tostones: This is my favorite Dominican food. Coin GREEN plantains, fry in oil, then take them out, squash them with something (I used a glass), and fry them again. Add salt and ketchup as desired.







  Pizza: I am going to give an actual recipe for the crust, because it's hard to guess at.

1 pkg active dry yeast (2 ¼ tsp)
1 cup warm water
2 ½ cup flour
2 T oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Beat 20 strokes, let rest 5 minutes and toss or otherwise spread out dough. 
Top with pizza sauce, grated cheese, olives, peppers, onions, pepperoni, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy