I spy, with my little eye

Isn't it funny that the times when we have the most to blog about are around the times when we have the least time to do it? I think that should be a corollary to Murphy's law.

[though actually, I could have blogged earlier, but I was more interested in my book.]

This morning, I received an interesting request from my roommate: she had a friend who needed someone to spy for her. At a wedding showcase. Well, I had just been reading a novel about spies, and was anxious to try this out. So I called up another friend, and asked if she wanted to be an accomplice in a secret mission. She agreed, so on our drive up I showed her the mission requirements. That information I will not share, as I am supposed to be a spy, you know? And a professional one, too, because I was getting paid by the hour. Anyway, Heather agreed to pretend to be almost engaged (we didn't have a fake engagement ring) to a sales advertising representative named Justin, who planned to propose to her on Valentine's day. Since we had lots of time before the wedding, because in theory it was not set in stone, and in fact there was none, we just told the showcase vendors that we were browsing to get an idea of availability or price or appearance or whatever, likely for a summer wedding next year. So we made notes on the brochures, and took pictures, and chatted about how lucky Justin was going to be. And in case you haven't picked up on this, Justin does not exist. Shame, cuz I think I would have made a great maid-of-honor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy