Counting Blessings

I sense I'm not alone in this, but I am struggling for motivation to do things during quarantine. Part of the problem is of course that there is less to do (can't go see museums, or travel to Virginia Beach to eat kolaches, or wander around a mall), but now that I technically have the time to read a bunch of books, instead I stare out the window and scroll through pointless "news" stories. Which means...time to think of the good things in life!


  • now that we have a treadmill, I can watch a movie while "exercising"
  • neither me nor my husband is sick
  • I'm not furloughed or fired from my job, which means we still have income
  • the pandemic hasn't diminished Mark's and my enjoyment of playing the game Pandemic
  • we have lots of different movies available to us
  • we live in a pretty area
  • people in our area are, from what I can tell, taking the pandemic seriously
  • when I couldn't find any paper towels locally, my mom shipped me some
  • even when I'm really bad at hiding treats for/from Mark [mostly because I forget he's so much taller than me, so hiding things up high doesn't really work...], he pretends he doesn't know where they are
  • Mark doesn't mind that we need to eat more vegetarian meals these days
  • I can easily keep in touch with friends and family
  • I have the option to drive to work instead of relying on public transportation (where it is harder to social-distance)
  • ****I had my back surgery before the pandemic, so it wasn't one of those cancelled elective surgeries****
and lots more, but I'm ready to go back to staring out the window.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy