another one bites the dust

Well, there goes another appliance. Our refrigerator broke. Hopefully not permanently--I don't know, I'm not a maintenance man. But I'm pretty certain something's wrong--there's a puddle of water underneath the freezer, and the milk in my cereal was lukewarm.
Until the repairman comes, we are using a cooler. At first I could imagine that we were camping, but we still have a/c and plumbing, so the illusion doesn't quite fit. But I think I've got it now--it's like we are in the 1920s. "Could you put milk on the table?" "Oh, sure, let me go to the ice box" 
I think it's a perfect illusion--we even have to buy ice everyday to keep the 'ice chest' cold.
Now where is the milk man?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy