Copernicus

I've learned a couple of things about the hospital where I work, and so many things about it are making me smile.
:) As a state employee, I get discounts on hotels in Texas. At first glance, it seems rather weird to stay in a hotel in your home state. Well, it's a big place. It takes a day or two to drive across it, so a hotel discount is useful. But still, I smile.
:) The hospital has several centers around the world, so their 'locations' webpage lists the other sites and organizes them logically--'Regional,' 'Outside of Texas,' and 'International.' This makes me smile the most. Most of the rest of the world would assume "regional" referred to several states, and that "national" would be a better term for 'outside of Texas.' Maybe so. I think it's endearing.
:) In a presentation, one of the trainers said, "...route [ˈrat] or route [ˈrüt,], depending on what part of Texas you are from."
I think there is an anomaly in the Copernican system. For about 269,000 square miles, the universe appears to revolve around Texas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy