A Capitol Idea

As an only slightly related introduction, I prefer writing on the most recent event first. When I have three patients, and I see patient A, then patient B, then patient C, I would rather chart on patient C, then B, then A. I figure I am more accurate on C, and only slightly less accurate on B and A, since I had an event between them and the documentation anyway. The first shall be last, and the last shall be first.
I take the same approach with blogging. I am not done recounting my Norway trip, but I just got back from a spur-of-the-moment D.C. trip, and want to get that all recorded while it's fresh in my mind.

For 3-4 days (two of the days weren't full days. in case you wondered at my math) I zoomed around our nation's capitol on bike, foot, and train (with an occasional car), trying to see as much as I could, and still feeling like I hadn't seen a tenth of the exhibits/attractions. All the more encouraging was that pretty much everything was free. Made me less discriminatory. Actually, I think this was my cheapest trip ever. I stayed with a friend, I used her metro card, I don't eat a whole lot anyway, and I didn't buy many souvenirs (actually just one, since the other two were Christmas gifts. two birds, one stone). And as long as I timed it right, I could use a rented bike over 2 days for $7 total. Also, it helped that the one exhibit I had to pay for (Mount Vernon), I was charged half price for some inexplicable reason.
So with all of that stuff written, let's get to the visuals. First up, Mount Vernon.
Potomac river from Mount Vernon
Mount Vernon, home of George Washington
 
Lyss and Me
During my visit, I got really excited whenever I saw holly, since it is the Christmas season. Lyss nicknamed me the Holly Hunter.



Trees displaying Washington's interests


We went to Mount Vernon right after the airport, and the first thing I saw was this Texas Gate. It was serendipitous. Except I hadn't combed my hair. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogsledding: Guest Post

RATS! A Guest Column

Thoughts on Pregnancy